Thursday, October 16, 2008

Goodbye for Now

Yesterday afternoon, my husbands 97 year old grandmother was ushered into the arms of her LORD.

The matriarch of the family lived life to the fullest. She had the priviledge to walk on the soil where Jesus walked, she lived a geniune faith much like the one that dwelled in Lois the grandmother of Timothy and she cherished her family.

We enjoyed so many times sitting and listening to her stories of her childhood or how she fell in love with a strapping young man who happen to have the most beautiful saddle in the county. Those times will be missed but remembered fondly.

The chorus of the song "Goodbye for Now" by Kathy Troccoli
voices our comfort that one day we will laugh, smile and praise our Lord together.

...but There Will Be A Time
when I'll See Your Face
and I'll Hear Your Voice
and There We Will Laugh Again
and There Will Come A Day
when I'll Hold You Close
no More Tears To Cry
'cause We'll Have Forever
but I'll Say Goodbye For Now

so We'll Wait...For Now

We love you Nannie Maudie!

Cynthia

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hi Cynthia!

This was a beautiful tribute...

I emailed you back about the potential retreat and just wanted to make sure you got it. With my email being crazy sometimes, I definately didn't want you to think I had not responded back. Just let me know if you HAVEN'T gotten anything and I will try to resend.

Grace!
Lisa :)