Monday, December 29, 2008

Call me clingy

Yesterday I heard two of the best sermons.
Jeff Ivey preached in the morning service on Deuteronomy 30:11-20 and then Chris Plunkett in the evening service shared from Exodus chapter 33.

Both of the messages were right on target for me. 2008 was a hard year for me and yesterday morning before I left for church I prayed that God would give me a fresh word. One that I can ponder in my heart and hold on to. One that would breath a freshness in to these seemingly frail bones.

So as I listened and soaked in the words being shared here's the one verse that resounded in my heart was Deut. 30:20. "that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life..."

This year I want to cling to Him more and know more in 2009 that He is my life.
Without Him there is no life. I want to cling to His Word, His work and His side.
I am not big on New Year's resolutions but this year I want to be BIG on resolving myself to Him, my Creator, Father and King.

What are you looking for in 2009? What is your focus in your walk with God?


His clingy daughter,

Cynthia

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! thanks for sharing.... 2008 has been a LONG year for me. Seems like 5 years in one!! But I'm needing the same resolve to go back to basics and follow through with the same verse. Thanks for sharing!!!

Everything in my housed quit working when we got home for Christmas-- let me get it rolling again and we'll do that lunch. (at least I hope so- life with preschoolers is hard to predict sometimes!!) BUT I really do want to visit!

Woman of Clay said...

Jeff's sermon blessed me that Sunday as well. Good stuff.