Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Shine Bright

One thing that I really enjoy is to look at all the stars in the night sky.
Although I don't know one constellation from another, I simply love gazing at a sky filled with the tiny glimmers against the black backdrop.

Recently, my family and I was driving home from my husband's home town. We were traveling well after the sun had set and the sky was clear of clouds. The stars were brightly shining. For a long time we would be driving between towns where it was pitch black. The only lights around was what illuminated from our car or the cars that we would occasionally meet.

As I sat in my seat looking up at the sky, I started to think about the star spoken of in the Bible. You know the one that led the shepherd's to the birth place of our King, the one that the wise men followed for a long time (possibly two years) seeking the Christ and the one we remember as we top a Christmas tree.

As traveled further down the road, I looked for the brightest star I could find. Once I found it, I began to see if we would ever come to a place where I felt we were directly underneath it. Do you know I never found that place? The further we drove; that star seemed like it never got closer. It was similar to never being able to find the end of the rainbow.

Doesn't that make you think about that star so very long ago? How did those shepherds and wise men find the exact spot where the star was pointing? How?
Only by the Creator's handiwork could that come about. He is the One that knows that star by name, the One would gave that star the privilege of leading others to His son. He was the One that allowed these seekers to find the exact place the star was pointing to.

We've been told in Daniel 12:3, "Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever."

Are you shining brightly for Him this Christmas?

Have a Very Merry Christmas!

Cynthia

No comments: