Monday, February 2, 2009

My Guy

Last week I read a post on the blog of Lysa TerKeurst about prayers.
In it she shared about her time spent with God in prayer and how that effected her life when a certain situation rose in her marriage.

As I read the post, I began thinking that I had not responded to my man like that in a long time and prayed that God would give me the opportunity soon.

Well God didn't play around, just this weekend God gave me that open door which I didn't even realize until it was over.

If you don't know my man. You ought to. He is a wonderful man of God. He has a great big giving heart. Although we have had our struggles over the last 22 years, God has blessed me with a man that is the same in public as he is at home.

This weekend my man struggled with a big decision. Actually the struggle was over the last month and the bell was ringing for a final decision. He was in for the count and time was slipping away. Would he make the right choice? Would we be living in the coulda, shoulda, woulda stage for a long time to come?

Finally the decision was made. My man in his 40's became the owner of a new truck.
Here's the interesting part. This was his first NEW vehicle EVER! Anytime we got a new car it was for me to have a safe ride for our boys. Even his very first car was a used one.

The struggle that my man had was, with the economy and so many people in crisis, should he forgo this opportunity and use that to help others. My man, always thinking of others instead of himself. I just love him for that.

But God gave me the opportunity to bless my hubby. To look straight in his eyes and share with him, how I love that he has a heart that gives. That this will not stop him from giving or helping others. He will always find a way and I love and respect him for that. He is a great example for our boys and to me.

As Lysa TerKeurst's post inspired me to bless my man, I pray that today you will find a way to bless the man in your life. Seek God to show you the opportunity. Be faithful to take it and strengthen your marriage.

In His Grip.
Cynthia

No comments: