Monday, March 23, 2009

Warms this Momma's heart

Yesterday was a beautiful day! Not only was the sun warm but my heart was warmed also.

We ran home after church and I fixed a man-sized meal for my 3 men. Once they were filled to the rim they loaded up the truck and boat and headed out to the fishin' hole. Oh I would have loved to join them but this little boat was a three seater and so Mom was odd man out. I encouraged them to take their time and enjoy the afternoon together. I even told them I would mow the yard so they wouldn't have to hurry back.
Am I hearing "Mom of the Year" nominations??? Hee Hee all kidding aside, I love mowing the yard. We have such a fun mower.

Anyway...Evening church time rolled around and the guys were no where in sight. So I got ready and when to church by myself. After church, I stopped by the local grocery store and picked up what every boy in our house thinks is a must have on Sunday evening...Ice Cream. (Back to the "Mom of the Year" thought)

As I drove into the driveway, I see all three guys playing a game of basketball and laughing their heads off. That warmed me from head to the toes. In a time when teenagers more often than not chose to be with friends instead of parents this simply put a great big smile on my face. I sat outside and listened to the ribbing, the laughter and the memories being made. Contentment at it's best!

Oh about the fish. Only two were caught and neither were keepers. But friendships were made with other fisherman at the lake, buzzards were pelted with dirt clods (well at least thrown at), old reels flew apart on cast and two boys and their dad had a blast!

Have you made memories with your clan recently? Are you finding contentment with your surroundings?


Cynthia

No comments: