Thursday, October 8, 2009

Beautiful Feet

I have had a pedicure only once in my life. Not because I don't desire another but I am so down right ticklish on my feet I can barely stand it. Although I have experienced two foot surgeries and had to bare all the dealings on my feet I still can't bring myself to getting one. Yes I want to have the soft beautiful feet with expertly painted toes that so many sport but I just can't bring myself to it. Crazy I know...most of you are saying "Get over it". You just don't understand...sometimes just the simple act of pulling a sock over my feet tickles.
Yes my son loves knowing this about me and if I am bare foot with feet propped up, he will reach out to tickle me every time he walks by.

Beautiful feet got new meaning for me this summer with I was on the mission trip in France. One day a young man at the ports came up to the group handing out Bibles. He asked the young women that knew French if he could take a picture of the group's feet. A little dismayed at the request, she asked why? His response was, "I have never seen American feet before, they are pretty." She then pulled the group together to grant his request and responded with a question for him.

Her question was, "Do you know what the Bible says about beautiful feet?" With him shaking his head no, she quoted the verse from Isaiah 52:7 "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, Your God reigns!"

With this the young man asked, "What about the feet of those who believe in God?"

She responded, "They will become beautiful also because they will go and share what has become real in their hearts."

Upon hearing this the young man said, "then one day maybe my feet will be beautiful as well."

What encouragement we all received that day! What encouragement I want to pass on to you today! Your feet are beautiful as you share God's love. Even if you haven't had a pedicure recently by human hands let the God of All perform a pedicure on your beautiful feet. May the beauty of your feet be noticeable to all you encounter and a witness to the One to whom all glory is given.

Blessings,
Cynthia

No comments: