Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fear! Just plain ol’ fear!

As I have been posting about this journey I have been leaving one thing out. What I feel God is calling me to do.

Recently a couple of readers have seen me in public and stated, “You just leave us hanging.”

Jokingly I think, “Well that will keep you coming back.” But deep within I know that isn’t the logic at all. It is pure FEAR!

You see if I never post it or say it out loud you can’t hold me accountable or better yet, you can’t shake your head and say “No Way” or look she failed. Believe me, you won’t have to do any of these because I already will have beaten you to it.

What God is calling me to do is so far out of my comfort zone that I have already tried to throw in the towel. I have wanted to crumble what I was working on and throw it in the trash and then walk away. It has been the most trying and humbling experience I have taken on. Then God gave me another verse (don’t you just love His timing!)

“Be strong and courageous and do the work.
Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God is with you.
He will not fail you or forsake you.
He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.”
1 Chronicles 28:20

That first line got me! As if He were yelling at me “Do the WORK!”

Then He went on to encourage me and although at the time this verse was written it was about the temple in Jerusalem, He assured me that since I am His temple that He will make sure that it is finished correctly.

A friend told me that either I will have to say it on my own or God will make me say it.

So here it is…

God has placed two opportunities in front of me. One not as hard as the other but both are challenging.

The first is to facilitate a blog for women’s ministry leaders within our state. I will be an encourager to ladies that are in leadership and provide training and information along the way. This is very near and dear to me because I see that is a need that I did not have while I was a leader in women’s ministry.

The second is to go into churches and other gathering of ladies to share God’s Word. I lived much of my life in the shadows, the shadows of others and even my insecurities. God gently (ok not always gently) pushed me to step out of the shadows and into the Word. Now He is calling me to share with other ladies how to no longer be shadow dwellers but to live in His light and fall in love His Word.

I do covet your prayers! If I fall on my face please just extend a helping hand up without a shaking head. However, God has been doing some mighty BIG things regarding this so I might get a few scraped knees along the way but I don’t think He is going to bring me this far to let me fall on my face.

Stepping of the Shadows…Into His Word.

Cynthia

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Awesome! Proud of you! I'm certain you won't fall flat on your face! I can totally see you doing either or both of those things! Way to go!